Sunday 19 May 2013

Diva, Diamond, Dancers the triple D’s




Being in the zone or I like to call it the Diamond dancers moment.  At first when this happened, I was young. I thought, this is what real Dancers must feel like when they become perfect. I had no idea what was going on but I knew I was relaxed, actually I felt like a puppet and the master dancer was controlling my movements. I remember I was practising my turn’s pirouettes with a couple of friends after ballet class. I recalled all instructions I had ever heard. Start with a good 4th position with the feet. Make sure weight is in the middle. Prepare, think bring foot to knee and quickly spot. I’ll look at that picture on the wall. Remember turns/spot note, when turning “head is the last to leave and first to arrive.”  

When I finally thought I was ready I breathed in and brought my hand in to meet the other one to make that circle of energy. My pointed toe to my knee and began to turn.  But, I found myself inside the turn. I was aware, I was turning but all I could hear was 1 turn, 2 turn, 3 turn. 4 turn, 5 turn, 6 turn and then the turns released me and I came down into a demi plie 5th position.

When it finally release me, I had that “Did you see that look” with the biggest smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment